Sheeter, Cut to Mark
For converters who need to accurately convert rolls of pre-printed labels, holographic material or film the MAXSON MSP Sheeter can be equipped with cut to mark capability. Watermarked papers can also be sheeted using this technology.
The cut to mark system includes:
- A sensitive scanner that detects registration marks
- Ultra high resolution knife drive that positions the cut to within +/- 0.006″ (+/- 0.15 mm) of setting regardless of line speed or sheet length
- The ability to input an “offset” parameter to position the cut from the registration mark
- An exclusive software program that compensates for trending parameters caused by web stretch caused in the rewinding of printed stock
- Identification and automatic rejection of out of tolerance lengths.
For off line sheeting, the sheeter utilizes a roll stand with line guidance capabilities while for in line sheeting with a web press the MSP Sheeter can be outfitted with a “continuous run” feature that avoids stopping the unit when making skid changes.