Sharpening Sheeter Knives
Sharpening sheeter knives is now offered as a quick turnaround service by MAXSON AUTOMATIC MACHINERY COMPANY, (Westerly RI).
Upon receipt from the Customer, all knives undergo an immediate six point inspection process to identify:
- Knife thickness
- High speed steel (M2, M3, M42)
- High carbon chrome (D2, D6)
- Tungsten carbide
- Parallelism (ability to maintain within 0.004″)
- Flatness (ability to flatten to within 0.002″)
- Condition of cutting edge (examine for excessively deep nicks)
- Condition of non cutting surfaces (examine for excessive marring of knife seating surfaces)
Using a CNC knife grinder, cross cutting blades are precision ground to insure parallelism and edge retention, manually de-burred and then honed to a mirror smoothness. The result of this dedicated craftsmanship is a pair of knives that:
- Are sharp and smooth
- Create less friction cutting through material (cleaner cut)
- Easier for operators to seat, set and adjust in the cutter
Once cleaned, the knives undergo a final evaluation (with a signed inspection form for Customer review), the blade edges are covered and knives packaged for shipment.
Turnaround time is 5 business days with expedited service also available.
Contact Skip Hoffman, Customer Service Manager at 401-596-0162 or firstname.lastname@example.org