- Phone: 401-596-0162 x107
- Graduated from the University of Rhode Island, (1980), BS Mechanical Engineering
- Joined Maxson as Sales Engineer (1983)
- Promoted to Vice President (1992)
- Elected Company President (2000)
- Joined Technical Association of Pulp & Paper Industry (TAPPI) 1983 - present
- TAPPI Sheeting Committee Technical Chair (1988 - 1989)
- TAPPI Finishing & Converting Division Chair (1994 - 1995)
- TAPPI Finishing & Converting Division Leadership Award (1997)
- Narragansett Council, Boy Scouts of America Board of Directors (2002 - Present)
- St Francis of Assisi Church Trustee (2006 - Present)
- South County Hospital Board of Trustees (2006 - 2015)
- VNS Home Health Services Board of Directors (2003 - 2008)
- Ocean Community YMCA Board of Directors (2000 - 2003)
Joe joined Maxson in 1983 and was assigned the responsibility of sales and marketing. In 1984, he was elected to the Board of Directors and Company Secretary. In 1992 he became Vice President of Maxson, responsible for the Company's profit and loss. He succeeded Merton Matthews as Company President in 2000. Joe's previous work experience included responsibility as Plant Preventative Maintenance Engineer at the B.F. Goodrich Company from 1980 to 1983.
Active in the Technical Association of the Pulp & Paper Industries, (TAPPI) since 1984, Joe served as the Sheeting Technical Committee Chair from 1988 - 1989. In 1994, Joe was elected Chairman of TAPPI's Finishing and Converting Division and was the recipient of the TAPPI Finishing and Converting Leadership Award in 1997. He continues his involvement in this professional organization as a member of the Sheeting Committee and as the Chair of the Finishing and Converting Tutorials.
Joe received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Rhode Island in 1980. He is a member of the mechanical engineering honor society Pi Tau Sigma. Joe also attended the Temple University MBA Program, Philadelphia, PA
- Phone: 401-596-0162 x108
- Joined Maxson (1974)
- Promoted to Plant Superintendent
- Promoted to General Manager (1992)
- Elected to Board of Directors (1995)
- Promoted to Vice President (2000)
- Dunn's Corners Volunteer Fire • Department (1970 - Present)
- Volunteer American Heart Association
- Powered model airplane design and construction
Mike has been with Maxson since 1974 when he was hired to wire, assemble, and install sheeters. In 1982 he was promoted to Plant Superintendent. In this capacity he was responsible for scheduling and supervising Maxson's machining and fabrication operations. He was elevated to the position of General Manager in 1992. In this role, the departments of Engineering, Machining, Assembly and Customer Service reported to him. In 1995, Mike was elected to the Board of Directors. In 2000, Mike was promoted to Company Vice President, with responsibility for Company profit and loss. In addition to the operational departments, the Sales, Financial, and Information Management Departments also report to Mike.
Mike reports to Joe Matthews
- Phone: 401-596-0162 x124
- Employed by Strachen Henshaw Machinery (1988 - 2000)
- Joined Maxson (2000)
- International Sales Manager (2000)
- Sales Manager (2015)
- Westerly Youth Soccer Coach (2002 - Present)
- Westerly Champion Darts Player
A British national, Nick joined Maxson in 2000 as Maxson's International Sales Manager. In addition to managing international equipment sales, Nick is also responsible for key North American accounts.
In 1987, Nick graduated from St. Brendan's College in Bristol, England. Nick has extensive experience in the sale of capital equipment as well as prior experience in printing related industries. Prior to joining Maxson, he was a sales executive with a U.K.-based Strachen Henshaw Machinery Company.
Nick reports to Mike Terranova
- Phone: 401-596-0162 x123
- Joined Maxson (1977)
- Promoted Mechanical Designer (1983)
- Graduated Thames Valley State Technical College, (1990) B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Promoted Mechanical Engineer (1990)
- Promoted Electrical Project Engineer (1995)
- Promoted to Customer Service Manager (2000)
- Westerly Yacht Club (1985 - Present)
- Westerly Yacht Club, Commodore (2003 - 2005)
Skip Hoffman began work at Maxson in 1977 as a high school co-op draftsman. Upon completion of his high school degree, Skip held positions of increasing responsibility within the Engineering Department as a mechanical and then electrical project engineer. In 1998, Skip accepted a position within the Customer Service Department responding to service calls and part order requests. He was promoted to Customer Service Manager in 2000. In this position he is responsible for all facets of after sales assistance including scheduling field service, repair part orders and coordinating 24 hour a day Maxson technical support.
In 1990, Skip earned his degree in mechanical engineering technology from Thames Valley State Technology College in New London CT.
Skip reports to Mike Terranova
- Phone: 401-596-0162 x110
Robert joined Maxson Automatic Machinery as Controller in March 2016.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member of the American Institute of CPA's with the Charter Global Management Accountant Designation
- Member of RI Society of CPA's
- Aviation as a private pilot
- Cart - $0.00
No products in your shopping cart.